The CGS's wide-ranging interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research projects focus on current and historical processes of the global interdependence and divergence of human life. A special feature of the research work of the CGS is the central focus on approaches to humanities and cultural sciences. The main focus of research at the CGS is currently in the following areas:
- The theory formation of human, cultural and social sciences in Global Studies,:
- The knowledge production and circulation in global interrelationships,
- Questions of justice in the context of globalization,
- The representation and handling of climate change, and
- Intercultural exchange processes and identity constructions in global contexts.
These research interests also shape the orientation of the interdisciplinary courses and the doctoral program.
The CGS supports conferences at the University of Bern. Please click here for further information.